- Cooling tower spare parts including fans, motors , drives, couplings, motors, fill (packing), distribution piping and nozzles, drift eliminators and louvers
- Replacement plates for all brands of plate heat exchangers
- Replacement gaskets for all brands of plate heat exchangers in various materials e.g. nitrile, EPDM, butyl, viton, hypalon and silicon
Cooling Tower Refurbishment
Our industry-recognised refurbishment solution includes the installation of fill material, drift eliminators, spray systems and nozzles as well as fan mechanicals. Old cooling towers can often be satisfactorily refurbished as an alternative to the purchase of a new tower. Our services includes:
- Site servicing of all makes and types of cooling towers
- Full refurbishment of all makes and types of cooling towers
- Refurbishment of fan blades
- Alignment of fan drives
- Site servicing of equipment e.g. dismantling, reassembly, and commissioning of all makes of plate heat exchangers
- Plate degreasing, descaling and passivation in heated baths
- Plate inspection
- Pressure testing
IWC is a registered asbestos removal contractor and has extensive experience in removing asbestos products from cooling towers.
Asbestos mining existed more than 4,000 years ago, but large-scale mining began at the end of the 19th century when manufacturers and builders began using asbestos for its desirable physical properties.
Asbestos is a set of six naturally occurring silicate minerals which all have in common thin fibrous crystals, with each visible fibre composed of millions of microscopic “fibrils” that can be released by abrasion and other processes. They are commonly known by their colours – blue, brown, white and green asbestos.
Inhalation of asbestos fibres can cause serious and fatal illnesses including lung cancer, mesothelioma, and asbestosis (a type of pneumoconiosis). Concern of asbestos-related illness in modern times began with the 20th century and consequently asbestos trade and use were heavily restricted, phased out, or banned outright in an increasing number of countries.
Despite the severity of asbestos-related diseases, the material has extremely widespread use in many areas, one of which is as cooling tower components for fill, drift eliminators and distribution piping. A number of cooling towers, both natural draught and mechanical draught, in operation today still make use of asbestos products which will at some point need to be removed and disposed of.
Learn more about