Refurbishment & Spares
IWC has been active in the refurbishment of cooling towers for the past three decades and our turnkey services and spares solution, ensures your plant runs optimally at all times.
Our industry recognised refurbishment solution includes the installation of fill material, drift eliminators, spray systems and nozzles as well as fan mechanicals. Old cooling towers can often be satisfactorily refurbished as an alternative to the purchase of a new tower.
Our refurbishment services include:
- Site servicing of all makes and types of cooling towers
- Full refurbishment of all makes and types of cooling towers
- Refurbishment of fan blades
- Alignment of fan drives
- Performance testing of cooling towers
Components / Spares
We offer a comprehensive range of spares and accessories for all cooling tower types, including fills, motors, drives and nozzles.
Our service includes equipment surveillance on site, chemical cleaning on site, monitoring of process performance and heat exchanger hardware on a monthly basis. We also offer a complete refurbishment at our service centre, and supply of gaskets and plates and components for the frame of PHE’s.
We offer replacement plates for most brands and models of plate heat exchangers:
- Replacement gaskets for most brands of plate heat exchangers in various materials e.g., nitrile, EPDM, butyl, Viton, hypalon and silicon
- Site servicing of heat exchangers e.g., dismantling, reassembly, and commissioning of plate heat exchangers
- In situ chemical cleaning or Cleaning in Place (CIP) of PHE’s.
Complete refurbishment program at our service centre comprising of:
- High Pressure Washing to remove loose debris
- Plate degreasing & descaling in heated baths
- Plate inspection consisting of visual inspection for gasket groove distortion & dye pen testing for pinhole detection
- Re-gasketing (clip-on or gluing and oven curing)
- Pressure testing
- Refurbishment of frame, including replacement of tie bars and frame plate repair and painting
Components / Spares
We can supply gaskets and plates for most brands of Heat Exchangers and offer 12 to 24 month warranty on the products, depending on the process in which the PHE’s operate.
- Refurbishment of existing frame or supply of New Frame
- Replacement of tightening bolts (tie bars)